Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome to My World!

My passion for Transformational Communication began many years ago, has evolved over time and has taken many forms, depending on where I was at personally and professionally. This passion was exponentially strengthened after reading a book about creatively engaging in the world of work and organizational culture from a place of grace. The book, Orbiting the Giant Hairball by Gordon MacKenzie, grabbed me and wouldn’t let go. I was intrigued and unsettled by the provocative words at the end of the book:

If you go to your grave without painting your masterpiece, it will not get painted. No one else can paint it - only you.

These words speak to me at a very deep level and provide a challenge to explore powerful questions about life, the gifts and passion that we bring into this world and our personal and collective journeys. In particular, I am extraordinarily curious about how our communication approach and style create our personal and interpersonal worlds. How each of us engages in conversation serves to create our particular version of “Heaven” or “Hell.”

It turns out that the painting of my “masterpiece,” so to speak, includes asking and facilitating the answering of direct and powerful questions regarding transformational strategies and conversations. It’s what I love and feel called to do, whether I am creating and utilizing these strategies with an individual or an organization. Why I love to do this involves my vision for our world. I want to live in a world where our communication actively transforms our inner and outer experience. I want to live in a world where each of our conversations throughout the day serves to connect us to our individual genius, each other, our various communities and our world.

I invite each of you to join me in my simple and bold vision for creating a world of Transformational Communication. I also invite you to explore and connect with what it would look like to paint your own personal masterpiece. Imagine the possibilities!

 Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment